15 || Phantom of the Opera





A young soprano becomes the obsession of a disfigured musical genius who lives beneath the Paris Opera House. 








"All I wanted was to be loved for myself." Gaston Leroux (Phantom of the Opera) 

The Phantom of the Opera (French: Le Fantome de I'Opera) is a novel by French writer Gaston Leroux. It was first published as a serialization in Le Gaulois from September 23, 1909 to January 9, 1910. It was published in volume form in April 1910 by Pierre Lafitte. The novel is partly inspired by historical events at the Paris Opera during the nineteenth century and an apocryphal tale concerning the use of a former ballet pupil's skeleton in Carl Maria Von Weber's 1841 production of Der Freischutz. Nowadays, it is featuring Lon Chaney and Andrew Llyod Webber's 1986 musical. 

I have to admit, I've never been a fan of musical plays but, I mostly admire the performers. 

When Professor Eliz wanted us to watched this, I was curious because, I haven't watched any major performance especially, musical plays. I remember, Charella who was a big fan of classical plays even Joshua because, both of them are in (Teatro Phileo), which I admire people who are involve in plays. 


Angel of music, hide no longer
secret and strange angel 


"Oh Christine, christine." Most of my block mates always sing this line so am I because, I remember "Kristine" my friend as we kept teasing her name and she just laughed at us. We were curious because, in the end of the play, we didn't even see the "Phantom" (Actually, some of my friends wanted to see his handsome face). For me, the play was inspiring because, it reminds me of those aspirant actresses and actors who wanted to be in the play. 

I can see their effort in singing and the way they act professionally. 

Oh, I wish I was one of those actresses who will stunning in the night but, it was impossible because, I know that I am not of them who is good in acting. 







- Krystelle

0 comments:

Definition List