5 || Cheers & Chants Competition

"Strength or weakness
we're still together
we are the youth of tomorrow
In bigger places
we are the champions
we're the beginning of the end" 


On October 07 2015,

The competition was held in MPH 1, Wednesday at exactly ten in the morning. The contestants couldn't wait to show their presentation to everyone, proving their best on what they've got.

Five contestants. One dream. Five contestants. One champion.

Wednesday class, before the competition, our Professor in Grammar and Communication told us to pick a leader and that leader they've chosen was me. It was a pleasure to be their leader, yet I told myself that I've taken another responsibility should be done. As a leader, there are disadvantages and advantages of being a leader. The disadvantages of being a leader is, you don't have much time to take a break for yourself once in a while. And one of the advantages of being a leader is, you can rule them all but, in a good way. Of course, I cannot do that but, I can strict to them.

Being a leader, you should hear your followers' suggestions because, you can have another idea and expectations from them. The best thing that you and your followers connect to each other is, communication and you should plan of a nice place of meeting.

I don't want to be called as the best leader because, they have a lot of expectations from me like, they don't want to see nor hear something against me. Yes, it's really hard to be a good leader because, sometimes in real life you don't know what's your first priority.

Remember, priorities and responsibilities are really different. 

Priority is something that is more important and needed that should be dealt first while, Responsibility is a task that is required to do. So, I've been asking myself of what is more important, studies or responsibilities?








These photos represents on how we build our teamwork although, there is misunderstanding when we're having a practice after class. Before the competition, I heard my friends from Marketing that they have already the things they needed for the competition, I was shocked. I have to admit it, I was cramming that night because, no one saves me and then, I wasn't in the middle of our composition for the cheers and chants. So, what I did the next morning was, I shouted inside the room and tell what I feel for our section.

Believe me, I am the person you wanted to talk and be friends with but, I am different when I got mad. I am deeply mad at them that day. I bursted all my anger at them and talked about being a leader. Anyways, that was past now and now, we're already looking forward in the future.

Way back from high school, I've been a leader in various clubs and especially, in activities inside the classroom. So, I had a background when it becomes on leadership but, doesn't mean that I am great leader or probably the greatest leader you've ever heard. They say, that I can rule them. They say, that I can be tough. They say, I can be kind and truth is, I've never been one of those three I have mention.




Here's the photo wherein I was holding the trophy. I have to admit, I've never thought that we won on that day because, I know, that we don't have cooperation and I know that we will mess up. But, in the end, it was all vice versa. I was happy after all. I told them on that day that I will treat them with a box of pizza from S & R if we awarded as champions but, then again they kept teasing me with the word, "pizza."

Moving on, I would like to thank my friends, Jillian Valenzuela & Charella Gonzales who have been always there for me when I'm almost giving up as being their leader. Also, my parents who have been endless supporting me and the course I'm taking right now. Thank you so much! :)






"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader." ~ John Quincy Adams







-Krystelle

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Krystelle! I just want to say thank you for being our leader. I know, you have a hard time during the days that we're making a cheer but despite all of it, you still manage to smile. I adore you for that :) thank you for letting me read this blog post of yours. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ate Krystelle! you really do a great job for this competition, you know you do a great job as a leader! i'm so proud of you! this blog remind me how awesome are we this day. I love you ate Krystelle :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Ate Krystelle! you really do a great job for this competition, you know you do a great job as a leader! i'm so proud of you! this blog remind me how awesome are we this day. I love you ate Krystelle :*

    ReplyDelete

Definition List