2 || Heneral Luna




What makes someone a hero?

Is it simple and little things like following traffic rules, paying taxes and throwing garbage in the right bins?

Heroism happens everyday, in any form and shape, and just like Heneral Luna, Dakila believes that you can capture the hero I'm each and every Juan in a minute. -Dakila 


Last August 14, 2015
                                 
                                 There was a big event happened at the auditorium. We went there not just to sit and listen to the speaker but, also we learn something from them. One, I personally talked with Xiao Chua, (A well-known great speaker and a professor from the University of the Philippines). I have to admit, he is very inspiring person amongst the next generation, today. But, what exactly he did that day? He stood up from his chair and walked up right through the stage and speak. I laughed every moment he comment in every picture he shown to us. He talked a brief story about our greatest heroes who fought for our country to commit our freedom. First of, Dr. Jose Rizal "Pepe", he wrote two famous novels are: El Filibustrismo & Noli Me Tangere. He wrote this because, he wanted to wake up those Filipinos from assaulting them against Spaniards. Second is, Andres Bonifacio. Andres Bonifacio, was a Filipino nationalist and a revolutionary leader. Not like, Dr. Jose Rizal who wrote two novels, but Bonifacio encouraged young men to fight against Spaniards with the use of weapons such as, a bolo. Lastly, our undaunted leader, Heneral Luna.


#HugotHeneralLuna

Heneral Luna proved to us that he can faced them all by himself. He is a risk-taker person, a dictator and a ruler. Yes, you can call him as the most pride leader you'll ever known yet, he has a good heart. He did it to his soldiers because, he wanted his soldiers to be discipline and in order. Yes, you can call him as the most brutal person you'll ever heard. But, what's the important thing you didn't know about him? The answer is, he served our country.

Main Characters in making of Heneral Luna
#BayanoSarili

04 September 2015, Sunday 

                                            My Mom and I both watched Heneral Luna at Sm Aura. I encouraged her to watch it with me and after the movie ends, she said that she learned something from the movie. I bet, she love the concept. If you could asked me the same question, I would rather say the same answer

Mom and I bought two tickets at SM Aura



I applaud Director Jerrold Tarog for making a great movie especially, letting us to know the background of each heroes in our country. Nowadays, we only focused about new technologies but, we didn't have patience to know each one of them. As a youth, it's a shame for us that we didn't appreciate history. But, Director Jerrold let us to know about Luna.  

John Arcilla during the Heroism for Millennials Forum at APC
Director Jerrold Tarog during the Heroism for Millennials Forum at APC





'Heneral Luna' picked as PH's 2016 Oscars bet

John Arcilla as Heneral Luna
“Heneral Luna,” produced by Artikulo Uno Productions, reportedly cost a whopping P80 million. It premiered in local theaters on Sept. 9. “If the producers were able to come up with a film that costs this much to make, then they should be able to have at least a good fighting chance at being nominated. This could be our shot at winning an Academy award.”

More information: http://entertainment.inquirer.net/179154/heneral-luna-picked-as-phs-2016-oscars-bet




I encourage everyone to watch Heneral Luna and I hope you'll learn something from it. Let's appreciate the work of the staff and let's support each other to know our greatest heroes in our country.







-Krystelle

2 comments:

  1. I am not the type of person who are addicted in historical epic films. Because I easily get bored,or in fact, I might fall asleep. But this story left me asking myself about my purpose for our country.it is really amazing..

    ReplyDelete

Definition List